Why can't I add Gmail as a new account in HTC mail?

A

AC Question

I've signed in to gmail and enabled pop. I've correctly configured server settings for gmail pop server and correctly entered username/email addy and password, but continue to get "unable to authenticate... verify username and password are correct" message. ...Even when I clear cache in mail settings and manual install. Config for IMAP instead yields the same result. Help.

Prashant Upasani

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I've signed in to gmail and enabled pop. I've correctly configured server settings for gmail pop server and correctly entered username/email addy and password, but continue to get "unable to authenticate... verify username and password are correct" message. ...Even when I clear cache in mail settings and manual install. Config for IMAP instead yields the same result. Help.

I am also facing same problem .. can anyone help ..

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
DO NOT use POP3unless you have a specific reason to need it. Delete the problem Gmail account in your email app. Go to: Settings > Apps > Select your email app > Clear Cache. If you have no other email accounts in that app, also click on Clear Data. Reboot the phone.

Open the email app and re-enter the account. Select 'Gmail' if available as a choice or 'IMAP' for the account type and automatic installation instead of a manual install. It should configure Gmail settings automatically. If not post back with details including error messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress