I've signed in to gmail and enabled pop. I've correctly configured server settings for gmail pop server and correctly entered username/email addy and password, but continue to get "unable to authenticate... verify username and password are correct" message. ...Even when I clear cache in mail settings and manual install. Config for IMAP instead yields the same result. Help.
    08-09-2015 05:13 PM
    Go to this page to enable access to your Google account:

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Unless you have some particular reason for needing to use Gmail as POP3, I *highly* recommend using it as the usual IMAP service it defaults to and take advantage of the many things IMAP service can do that POP3 just cannot.
    08-09-2015 05:41 PM
    I've signed in to gmail and enabled pop. I've correctly configured server settings for gmail pop server and correctly entered username/email addy and password, but continue to get "unable to authenticate... verify username and password are correct" message. ...Even when I clear cache in mail settings and manual install. Config for IMAP instead yields the same result. Help.
    I am also facing same problem .. can anyone help ..
    01-05-2016 06:43 AM
    DO NOT use POP3unless you have a specific reason to need it. Delete the problem Gmail account in your email app. Go to: Settings > Apps > Select your email app > Clear Cache. If you have no other email accounts in that app, also click on Clear Data. Reboot the phone.

Open the email app and re-enter the account. Select 'Gmail' if available as a choice or 'IMAP' for the account type and automatic installation instead of a manual install. It should configure Gmail settings automatically. If not post back with details including error messages.
    01-05-2016 01:26 PM