Sorry for the repost but... I need this sorted.

amy.payne.188

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone got backed up and my favorite picture of my family was backed up as my lock screen photo, but I can't find it in my gallary, how can I save it again?

I wouldn't usually double post but I asked this question a day ago and I got 621 views and no answers, while people ask trivial stuff like "which phone is best" and suddenly everyone, their uncle and his dog joins in. I really need help here.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

amy.payne.188

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I think I didn't phrase my question correctly, I have the picture on my lock screen, it backed up as my lock screen photo but I want it in my gallary again so I can share with friends like I could before. Thanks again for replying. Amy

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Amy, welcome to the forums! Let me ask a couple of questions to understand your issue. It seems that you made a backup and then a factory reset to your phone. Which backup method did you use, cloud storage, SD card? You have a S5, right? That picture set as the lock screen wallpaper, did it came with the phone or it's some photo you took our downloaded?

amy.payne.188

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Amy, welcome to the forums! Let me ask a couple of questions to understand your issue. It seems that you made a backup and then a factory reset to your phone. Which backup method did you use, cloud storage, SD card? You have a S5, right? That picture set as the lock screen wallpaper, did it came with the phone or it's some photo you took our downloaded?
Hey, it was Samsung backup as far as I can tell. It was a family portrait, which is why I'm so desperate to get it back but none of my gallary photos got backed up and only 3 contacts got backed up too... what a shambles. Thanks for the reply. Amy

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hummm. I don't think that photo was included in a backup. Most likely it was saved in a system folder after you set it for the lock screen. Unfortunately that's not good news for you. You need to root your phone to get access to that kind of files. Check this thread for the exact path.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ere-lock-screen-wallpaper-location-my-s4.html

If you didn't backup any of those photos I'm afraid they are definitely lost, sorry. Just in case, check your cloud storage or Samsung account, maybe they were automatically saved at some point.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about that Amy, but as I said before, you need root access for that kind of files. That could be difficult and a bit risky if you're not familiar with the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech