What's the meaning of the star symbol top of my phone?

A

AC Question

I don't know from what time,my phone suddenly got a star symbol,what's mean,does it effects my phone?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, join as a member and post a screen shot so we can be sure of the notification. From memory when you put "Do not Disturb" notification on this produces a star or it might be the "exceptions" one - sorry I can't remember.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's quite difficult to answer questions when the device is unknown. Not all android devices share the same menus and options and some are specific to what carrier you're on.

On a VZW Samsung Note 4, there is an icon glossary located in Settings>About Phone>Icon Glossary. Here it lists all the icons on my phone and gives a basic description.

You might try to see if your phone has a similar glossary.

And the next time, please indicate what kind of device you have. It'll be a great help to everyone.

nicoleboyers

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Was looking this up myself and found the answer. When you set your ring volume and you accidently scroll "sideways" and set your ring volume different for "priority" calls, it creates a star icon at the top. Click your volume up or down, when the volume bar pops up, scroll to "ALL" and the star goes away.

PEBBLES Haynes

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Was looking this up myself and found the answer. When you set your ring volume and you accidently scroll "sideways" and set your ring volume different for "priority" calls, it creates a star icon at the top. Click your volume up or down, when the volume bar pops up, scroll to "ALL" and the star goes away.

Im glad you actually took the time to get accurate info.... I was reading the others like... Whats the use?

Craziidad

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
From most phones if you press the volume buttons, up or down, it also shows three settings. On, priority and off. Normally just press the setting off and the star will not show at the top of your screen anymore.

Chris Lethbridge

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks this helped a lot and I know what the star symbol means

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle John

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Best answer. :)

I'd like to add, though, that there's another scenario within my Android settings.

It's something that somehow resets itself from time to time, and when the star pops up, I know to correct it right away.

It has to do with 'notifications', and the star indicates that I'm going to hear about 'priority' calls or messages only.

No, I want the setting to be 'all interruptions' so I don't miss anything. Once I reset that, the star disappears. Toggle back & forth to watch it come & go to verify, if your system is like mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34