When I try to download apps to my Tagital Tablet, I get a response saying I do not have enough storage.
    08-13-2015 10:08 AM
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Your device probably has allocated a limited amount of it's internal storage for apps. Android currently is not designed to download apps directly to the sd card.

You can try moving some downloaded apps to the sd card, though this action only moves chunks of each app to the card storage and creates links to find them.
    So you won't gain a lot of internal space, and the apps need to be moved back if you change cards, or their data can be lost if the card fails.

Settings - Apps / Applications Manager - All (or SD Card column) - touch an app for the App Info screen - Move to SD Card.
    08-13-2015 01:01 PM
    There's a way of doing what you want - but I wouldn't recommend running apps from the SD card. (Moving them just moves parts - they still actually run from internal storage, as far as the phone is concerned, but installing them to the card is different - they're running from the card.)

eMMC storage, the kind used in the phone, is designed for writing to almost indefinitely (at least, more times than it would take for the phone to be so old that you wouldn't want it any more). SD storage isn't. Constantly writing to an SD card (and Android apps write to the location they're stored constantly - they have to, they're responsible for keeping their current state stored, since Android can kill any app at any time, then bring it back to resume running) will destroy the card in a year or less. SD cards are designed to store data, not to be written to constantly. (A 64GB eMMC "card" would probably retail for a few hundred dollars. It would basically be a small [and slightly slower] SSD.)
    01-28-2016 12:26 PM