Why does MobileIron keep locking out my Windows account?

A

AC Question

MobileIron keeps locking out my windows account. Looking for help.

My company uses MobileIron to secure my personal device and allows us to access company email, IM, etc. I'm having an issue now where when I install MobilieIron and setup my device it continuously pings my account with a "bad password" attempt. Eventually my windows account gets locked out. I have uninstalled my device, uninstalled MobileIron, removed it as a device administrator and nothing I do fixes the issue. I even have tried changing my windows account password before and after installing MobileIron but it still keeps sending bad passwords. I have a case logged with my company team and I'm hoping they can get to the bottom of the issue but I'm hoping someone else has had a similar issue. This originally happened in July but I was able to resolve it then by changing my password. I went for about a month with no issues and then it started happening again last week. This time changing my password is not fixing the issue. My device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Could it somehow be caching the wrong information? Or is there a problem with MobileIron not getting updated with the correct credentials? I know the MobileIron application updated on my phone sometime in July so I have to wonder if something with their update is causing the issue because I ran for 1 - 2 years with no issues before this. I'm getting very frustrated because I can't access work email until this is resolved. Oh and when I have MobileIron installed and force it to check it it will ping my account with a bad password attempt. And this is all happening before I ever setup my exchange activesync email account. So I don't believe it's anything to do with email since it's happening without that setup. I hope sometime can shed some ideas on this as I feel my only thing left might be a factory reset which I really do not want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz