How can I fix Error retrieving package information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-7RUDA-C4Z3-ASS2S].?

A

AC Question

"Error retrieving package information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-7RUDA-C4Z3-ASS2S]."

I have been trying to install face book messenger and other apps of that sort and i keep getting the same error with different codes for each app. I have restarted my phone, cleared the cache and data of google play, removed my g-mail account and reset my phone back to factory settings and also tried to add the apps to my phone through the computer. I don't have any google play framework settings. I have also used a different phone with the same g-mail account and didn't have any problems but i am getting rid of that phone due to other problems and getting the phone i'm having problems with now... How do i fix this??

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Error retrieving package information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-7RUDA-C4Z3-ASS2S]."

I've been seeing more posts like this. Is Google Play having/had issues?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Error retrieving package information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-7RUDA-C4Z3-ASS2S]."

I've seen two "fixes" for this particular problem (RPCS 7, AEC 7):

1. -Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All
-Select "Clear Data" for Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Service Framework
-Reboot the device

2. Uninstall updates to Google Play Store

If neither one works, it could be Google having another problem. (It seems to happen every few months. Probably someone trying to hack their server.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie