Hi,
    I acquired an LG G3 that had water damage and I don't know how or the steps they took after taking it out of the water. I disassembled and soaked board in IPA and it looked great. I put it all back together except for the lower rear piece because I figured I'd test it first. I inserted a brand new battery and the notification light started blinking red but nothing happened when I tried to power it on. Then I accidentally touched the lower right rear of the board and it was extremely hot. I pulled the battery, then put it back in and again the same spot was hot and I didn't even try the power button this time. So, does anyone know why it would be getting so hot from just inserting the battery?
    08-13-2015 11:03 PM
    Hi,
    I asked this question yesterday and was wondering if I can get it switched to my name, now that I signed up because I'd like to be notified in case someone answers. Thank you!
    08-15-2015 04:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central as a new member.

Exactly why that's happening I don't know but I do know that water and any impurities in it left behind as residue will quickly cause corrosion and short-circuits. We have a resident expert in such matters who may be able to tell you more if he happens to pass by. Meanwhile, read this:
    [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 05:19 AM
    Phones that are water damaged normally have shorts in them. I don't know how electronically inclined you are, but if the device is getting hot, on or off, then there's a short circuit drawing excessive current from the battery in the area that's hot. Bad news and quite/very dangerous to keep installing the battery in the phone.
    08-15-2015 05:19 AM
    Thank you for the input. I guess I'm going to trash it. Have a great weekend!!
    08-15-2015 10:52 PM
    You might be able sell it on ebay as a water damaged phone. As long as you disclose the problems without hiding anything, someone might still buy it. Not sure if it's worth your trouble though.

ebay water damaged phone search results
    08-16-2015 03:24 AM