Phone overheated and won't turn on. Android Recovery System still accessible. How can I get past the error?

A

AC Question

Phone overheated and won't turn on. Android Recovery System still accessable.

Hi!

My phone overheated overnight and when I tried to turn it on in the morning it was dead. It loaded to the boot screen and never past that. I can get in to the "Android System Recovery 3e" thing. I have an identical phone I'd like to transfer the internal storage to. I already made a backup of the user data but when I put the SD card with the backup on it in to the new phone and go to "Restore user data", it immediately says "Error: check sum fail" and I can't restore it.

It's pretty critical I get the internal storage transferred. Ideally, I would like to get the overheated phone working again but I'm not sure how likely that is. I see an awful lot of, "Did you have it synced with dropbox? No? Too bad" going on with these posts. I'd like to stress that if I have to pay hundreds of dollars to fix this, I will. With that being said, is it possible?

I tried ADB even though I know nothing about it and the CMD window just said that the command wasn't recognized. The debug option is off on the broken phone anyway.

Any idea how to get past the "Error: Check sum fail" thing?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone overheated and won't turn on. Android Recovery System still accessable.

I don't know what kind of user data you're talking about specifically. Text data, apps? If it's photos or music, have you tried connecting the SD card (via card reader) to a PC/Mac and copying them over?

Since you can apparently get to the recovery menu on the overheated phone, then perhaps your phone isn't totally dead. Have you tried going to your carrier to see if they can transfer the data for you between the phones?

PrestigioAndroid

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone overheated and won't turn on. Android Recovery System still accessable.

Well it just says "Backup User Data" so I guess that means everything that's in the Internal Storage. Apps, texts, pictures etc... Everything on the SD card is saved, and I've made the internal storage backup. It's just that the new phone (which is identical to the other one. Prestigio 3400 Duo) is giving the described error message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz