LG G3: Update Center, Play Store Not Downloading/Updating Apps

A

AC Question

I just made the switch from iPhone to Android yesterday. My phone is brand new, and set up at the kiosk before I left. I had also switched service providers. I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday researching online a solution to my problem, but no one seemed to have quite exactly what I'm going through, although there are many similar instances. Regardless, I have tried everything listed as possible solutions to those.

My problem is this: Play Store will not download apps, and the Update Center will not update apps. It seems to be that anything I try and download on this phone just initiates and then doesn't actually download anything. It looks almost as if everything I'm attempting to download is buffering - only a few times (in the Update Center only) have I actually seen a progress bar with the actual size of the download, but it never goes past 0.00 MB. Now, I have tried with wifi, and I've tried on data. Neither work. I should also mention, too, that Chrome works - I have no problems browsing. I can use YouTube to watch videos no problem, emails are perfectly synced to my device. Everything internet-related works except for having to actually download something.

I have cleared the caches, I have cleared the datas, and I have force stopped the file manager and play store - neither of those worked. I have rebooted my modem/router at home, that didn't help to reset anything. I have removed my google account and re-synced it to no avail.

I'm not quite sure what else to do, but it's quite aggravating. If anyone has any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm still learning my way around this phone and the Android network, so is it possible I'm overlooking something in menus?

Thanks!

FMSone82

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. But yes, my device is recognized. Download manager is enabled. Chrome works both on and off data/wifi, as does everything else like YouTube etc. I just can't actually download anything.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm not sure. You've tried downloading on data so it's not a router thing.

I will ask around, or ask you to post on another forum. You did say it was a G3, I missed that. If it was because a payment account was not set up it should say, and Google Play Services, Download Manager are enabled.
You could browse the Play Store help pages.
Someone will have seen this before. It's your account or something the store did.

39364513687d1891c65ad258b98a78e5.jpg
e92358e75689429d52562f41aac8a71d.jpg

FMSone82

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It's not just strictly limited to Google Play though, as I can't get updates from the Update Center either. And I did not set up a pay account with Google Store, but I only ever download free apps anyways.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow, nevermind. Golf, thank you. What you suggested worked instantly. Wouldn't have even known this option existed. That is awesome!
Glad everything worked. I can't even remember where I saw that method, but its so easy and doesn't make that many changes to the device that it's always worth a try. The downside to that is any defaults you set and any apps disabled are all undone. My apologies, I should have said that earlier.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader