Screen ussd to be all the way across the bottom now it is 3/4 of the size. How can I put it back to the original size
    08-14-2015 06:43 PM
    What device do you have.

The 3/4 size keyboard is for "one handed" operation. If you look at the lower left hand corner of the keyboard, you'll see that one of the keys looks like a keyboard icon. On a Note 4, that particular key is the second from the left on the bottom row, next to the "Sym" (Symbol) key. Press the key that looks like a keyboard and your keyboard should expand to full size. A long press on that key will popup a small window with options you can set that particular key to... ie, emoicons, settings, etc. What you see in the options may depend on what device you have.
    08-14-2015 09:01 PM
    Thanks, Nahoku!!!
    I was quite frustrated with the 3/4 size keyboard, so following your steps brought back the full size keyboard I used when I was on the Note 2.(now to figure out how to make that come up every time I invoke the keyboard...)
    08-16-2015 11:32 PM
    Thanks, Nahoku!!!
    I was quite frustrated with the 3/4 size keyboard, so following your steps brought back the full size keyboard I used when I was on the Note 2.(now to figure out how to make that come up every time I invoke the keyboard...)
    You're welcome, grstatdoc!

If you long press the key that switches the keyboard size, you'll be presented with a small popup window. In the window, you'll see a "gear" (Settings). Tap on the gear and you'll be taken to the keyboard settings. Look on the setting menu for "English (US)" with the words "Qwerty keyboad" underneath. Click on this and a menu will pop up. Select Qwerty keyboard and the popup will close and you'll be set to go. From then on, your keyboard should open fully expanded.

NOTE... I'm still on KitKat... I'm hoping what I've described is still valid for Lollipop, if that's what you're running.
    grstatdoc likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:31 AM
    You're welcome, grstatdoc!

If you long press the key that switches the keyboard size, you'll be presented with a small popup window. In the window, you'll see a "gear" (Settings). Tap on the gear and you'll be taken to the keyboard settings. Look on the setting menu for "English (US)" with the words "Qwerty keyboad" underneath. Click on this and a menu will pop up. Select Qwerty keyboard and the popup will close and you'll be set to go. From then on, your keyboard should open fully expanded.

NOTE... I'm still on KitKat... I'm hoping what I've described is still valid for Lollipop, if that's what you're running.
    Yes, it does open fully expanded. My OS is 5.0.1
    08-17-2015 01:27 PM
    now to figure out how to make that come up every time I invoke the keyboard.
    I assume this has been solved then?
    08-17-2015 05:11 PM
    Re: Why is my keyboard small now, in my phone keyboard and texting? I have always had the keyboard that goes all the way across the bottom?
    08-15-2016 02:20 PM