2015 Moto G 2gb 16gb vs Brand New Samsung Galaxy S4

A

AC Question

Hi,
I've never owned a smart phone but need to get one, now. I like this new Moto G, the reviews are favorable. I've seen a zillion commercials about the Samsung Galaxy. I found a site that sells the brand new Galaxy S4 for $165. The Moto G is $220 and back ordered.
Never having owned a smart phone, computer and electronically challenged, which would you choose?
Thanks.
dave
P.S.
I've never been on facebook and haven't played a video game since pong. I have no desire to involve myself with either.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The S4 has more features and on operating system overlay that makes it easier to use for someone new to Android, in my opinion, and a nicer Amoled screen

but you should go with the Moto G 16gb/2gb ram

I moved from Samsung to a Moto G 1st generation.

It will be smoother, takes a lot of apps, runs the latest Android Lollipop, which itself makes using it easier, a HD 720p screen and should last a while. It is easy to use, just the Samsung does some things for you and adds features, but they are now old.

The S4 has been available 2.5 years and probably won't have more updates.

If they were both new models this year, you can't go wrong with either, but the cost of the Moto G is deceptive, it's a mid range hi spec device for entry level money. The Moto E is their improved entry model.

http://m.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2015