at&t lg g2
    08-15-2015 12:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by download? Do you mean that your Messaging app isn't receiving text messages promptly? Have you spoken to AT&T about that? It could be a network issue.
    08-15-2015 06:06 PM
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. There is a message box that appears in the person's regular thread. Above the box is the senders name and number like always. In the box is Message size: 1KB. Message has arrived. Receive? And there is a DOWNLOAD box to click on. After clicking the box DOWNLOADING appears along with the rotating circle but the message usually never appears. Maybe 1 out 5 appears. This mostly happens when I receive a group text but sometimes just a single. More often it's a multimedia text from an iphone sender. Yesterday it happened to a text from my daughter sending a plain text from her samsung. The problem seems to be expanding. I was at AT&T yesterday and no help there. I have a LG G2.
    08-16-2015 11:51 AM
    Is your mobile data turned on? What you're seeing is when the phone receives an MMS message when mobile data is turned off. MMS can be a message containing a photo, or it can be a group text. Make sure your mobile data is turned on, then tap the Download button.
    08-16-2015 06:03 PM
    B. Diddy thank you. Somehow mobile data was turned off (box not checked). Now if the problem is solved!
    08-18-2015 05:00 PM
    Nope, not solved. Any other setting I could check? Also, my wife has the exact same phone. She'll get the same group text message without any problem or having to download it. it appears just on it's own like you would expect.
    08-18-2015 08:41 PM
    Make sure your APN settings are correct: Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings- AT&T Wireless Support. Make sure your phone isn't on the wap.cingular APN.
    08-18-2015 11:50 PM
    Thanks again. Looks like that's all correct too. I Took the phone to uBreak iFix for their free diag test. They think the problem is connected to the LG update the took place on Apr 17 on my phone. The're suggesting a factory default reset. I hope I can back up my data and then restore it. I'll give that a try.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-23-2015 01:56 PM