I have an HTC One M8 with Sprint. Have never had any issues with this phone including the Google Maps GPS app that I use ALL the time. I recently received a phone update just a couple days ago, and ever since then the Google Maps app doesn't work. It simply keeps "searching for GPS" no matter what.

It doesn't matter if I connect via my home WiFi or LTE data, it just keeps prompting that it's searching for GPS signal. The route lights up, and the blue arrow (vehicle source) shows exactly where I am currently, but when I start driving it doesn't provide the usual voice turn-by-turn navigation and the map only intermittently changes places as I'm driving.

Is this a known issue? It's very disconcerting to me especially right now since in a week I am going on a fishing trip that requires me to go to specific pinned locations that I would have a hard time getting to without the use of this app...
    08-15-2015 01:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone's Location service set to High Accuracy (i.e., GPS+wi-fi+mobile data)? Have you also tried going to Settings>App Manager>Google Maps​, and Clear Cache/Clear Data?
    08-15-2015 06:03 PM
    It is on high accuracy already, yes. I did clear the cache but have not yet cleared the data. Will clearing the data on my maps delete all my saved pins? Because I'd hate for that to happen.
    08-17-2015 02:40 PM
    I'm not entirely sure about the pins. Do they show up in Google Maps on your computer browser? If so, then they shouldn't be lost, since that data is in your Google account in the cloud, and would resync back.
    08-17-2015 07:49 PM
    Clearing the cache and data did not work, although thankfully I did not lose any of my pinned spots. I did discover that simply rebooting to phone while LTE is turned on creates a temporary fix and allows me to use Maps with a perfect GPS signal, however as I use the phone throughout the day it goes right back to not working and I have to reboot the phone again to get Maps to work. I'm glad I've found a "fix", but I still don't get why I have to do this. I don't have any new apps, it's only been happening since my recent phone update.
    08-20-2015 09:46 AM
    It's starting to sound like it could be related to the update. Have you spoken to Sprint support about it?
    08-20-2015 11:09 AM
    Have you been able to find a solution to this. My maps do not even come up it just sits searching with no roads coming up
    10-08-2015 12:30 PM