Development mode setting help?

A

AC Question

Ok I was trying to get some Contacts back that I deleted by accident and I located the Development Setting by tapping the build number 7 times and now I can't get rid of the setting that was added once I opened it, I switched the on button over to off but I want the Development setting completely gone and off my list of settings. how can I do this without ridding all my apps and pics? is there a way to get to a root file where I can get it off my list and back the way it was before I opened it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Once Developer Options is activated, you can't hide it again, at least not on an unrooted phone. It might go away if you do a factory reset. Not sure if there's a way on a rooted phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In some phones you can get rid of the developer options clearing data in settings - apps - all tab - settings. That will delete any personal settings that you changed, restoring the original ones that came out of the box. I'm not sure if you want to pay that price or just switch the developer options off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax