Galaxy S6 can't send pictures - Message too large. Is there a setting I need to set to send pictures?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 can't send pictures - Message too large

So I've always had iPhones and decided to try the android operating system after being convinced from my buddies. Well I've had this phone for about 2 weeks and I can't send a darn picture via text. Each time i try to send a picture it says "Message too large". The picture file is only 1.9MB. Is there a setting or something I need to do to be able to send pictures?

If I can't send a picture then i might as well go back to an iphone.

thanks in advance for the help.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 can't send pictures - Message too large

There is a limit of how much size you can send with your device in the form of an MMS, most phones allow about 300kb, but this is dependent on your carrier and how much data you have purchased. Even if you manage to send the 1.9mb image, there is a possibility the other person might not open it. You could use other methods to send the MMS.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 can't send pictures - Message too large

The carriers set the maximum MMS size, and currently they all have a 1MB limit. (Some of the MVNOs might limit you to less.) Apple doesn't use MMS, it uses iMessage, which is proprietary, so Apple can limit the size to whatever they want - the file never goes on a carrier's server.