I have two Note 4 phones. I have the standard fast charger and USB cable that came with the phones. In my car I have an AC charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter port.

My phone charges fine using that fast charger and cable described above in my house.

My phone displays the lightening bolt on the battery icon when charging in the car using the same cable plugged it the cigarette charger described above, says it's charging AC in the settings, however it doesnt actually charge, and loses charge.

My wife's Note 4 charges fine bith in the house and in the car using the same chargers and cord.

I can't figure this out. Defective phone? It was working fine a few weeks ago in the car.
    08-15-2015 07:25 PM
    I have two Note 4 phones. I have the standard fast charger and USB cable that came with the phones. In my car I have an AC charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter port.

My phone charges fine using that fast charger and cable described above in my house.
    I think you might have a defective phone or your device is refusing the charge from the battery. If it charged before, then try replacing the charger to see whether it will still work.
    08-15-2015 11:08 PM
    The amount of charge going into the battery is the amount of charge being drawn by the phone (which is fixed by the phone's design) minus the amount of current being used by the phone. If your phone is using a lot of current, it may be more than it's designed to draw from the charger, so it will just discharge more slowly, it won't charge.

That could be because you're running a lot of apps, or it could be a defective phone.

Bring both your wife's phone and yours down to 50% charge. Turn them off. See how long it takes her phone to charge to 100%. Using the same charger, see how long it takes your phone to charge to 100%. If there's an appreciable difference (there's going to be at least a few minutes difference), your phone is probably defective. If thy take about the same amount of time, the charger can't keep up with the apps you're running.
    08-16-2015 03:53 AM