Acer icona 500 , did a factory reset to get rid of some stuff and now I cant seem to download from the playstore , says cant download due to an error , then down on the task bar it will say something about google chat or talk failed or sometimes server cant retrieve something error...I factory reset again and made a new google account but no change....this is my bathroom candy crush tablet and I haven't had a good **** since this started...
    08-16-2015 11:49 AM
    Is your new account working on the device. Can you log in on a pc to the Play Store with the new account and it will install an app to your device.
    If you log in to Android Central Manager with your new Google account is your device there?
    www.androidcentral.com/google/devicemanager.

If yes to all this and the device is functioning except for the Play Store not downloading, try our ambassador Golfdriver97's trick of Reset App Preferences, which could be in Apps - All - 3 dot menu - Reset App Preferences, or in Task Manager or Recent Apps menu.

Also check in Apps - All that both Download Manager and Google Play Services are enabled if you haven't done so.

... and wash your hands!
    08-16-2015 12:14 PM