Google Now tv reminder option disappeared

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
In the past when I searched for a tv show Google presented an option to set new episode reminders in Google Now. A few days ago the option just stopped showing up. None of the app settings have been changed so I'm thinking it's on Googles end. Has anyone else noticed this?

Respect the "G"

OsirisGuy

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this too at least a few weeks ago. It seems to have disappeared from all sources (Google Now app on phone and tablet, and from Chrome on my laptop and mobile devices) and I am signed in with the same account on all. I've checked the Google Now app and it isn't much help (I can't find a list of reminded TV shows, which I think is a separate issue). I do still get reminders for TV shows from the past, however, if I search for one of the shows I have reminders for there is no option to cancel reminders.

Anyway, you aren't the only one who has noticed this, and I too think it's something on Google's end.

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just tried Googles product support forums and they were no help at all. All they did was direct me to the Google now settings. I honestly don't think they got the gist of what I was describing.

Respect the "G"

Sean_N69

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Google Now will give reminders for TV shows, but only if you allow Google to listen to what you're watching. When there's a TV show or movie that you want Google Now to remind you of you have to ask Google, "what's on my TV", and do it every time said show comes on. It may take awhile—months even—but eventually Google Now will start sending reminders to Now when your shows are on our coming up.