My note 4 recently got severely water damaged. Everything is working now besides the temperature gauge. It won't charge at all (I now use an external charger), for it would say "battery temperature to low to charge." Also, whenever I turn the screen off and back on a few minutes later, it says it is overheating, although the phone feels cool. My apps shut off and I am unable to open any applications. I have to restart the phone to fix this. If I leave the screen on from the moment I turn the phone on, even with using it for over an hour straight, it works completely fine.

I am wondering if there are any hacks or something that would stop my phone from closing any apps, or shutting itself off, when it "overheats". I am willing to root my phone.
    08-17-2015 07:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's probably more of a hardware issue due to water damage, which can be unpredictable. I doubt that software hacks will help, but I could be wrong.
    08-17-2015 12:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's probably more of a hardware issue due to water damage, which can be unpredictable. I doubt that software hacks will help, but I could be wrong.
    (Im the one who created post and just made account)

Yes, I know it is a hardware issue. But when a phone overheats for any android, the apps automatically shutdown and eventually the phone turns off. I am wondering if I could get rid of this feature, since my phone is not really overheating.
    08-19-2015 06:58 AM
    Oh I see. Sorry, I'm not sure--I'll have to defer that to others in the community!
    08-19-2015 11:24 AM