Upgrade newly purchased Galaxy devices to Lollipop?

A

AC Question

I've recently purchased both a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi and a Galaxy S5 4G. Since they're both new and therefore I haven't downloaded any apps or gotten used to using them in a particular way, would it be advisable to update them both to Lollipop and use that from scratch? Or are there unresolved bugs or other drawbacks to upgrading? Figure I'll probably have to eventually, and it seems most of the issues I've heard about reference devices already in use for some time prior to upgrading. Any advice or info about pros & cons either way would be appreciated. Thanks.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello, welcome to Android Central! I have the Galaxy S5 on 5.0 lollipop and have no problems and no bugs, but the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 have been reported from (some) user that the battery will drain massively quicker and google chrome crashes on 5.0.2 lollipop. This is only the outcome for some users and not all for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
If you choose to update it to lollipop, I recommend you to do a little research on lollipop for your specific device so you would know how to deal with or prevent problems for your device in the future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol