OK my app storage running or installed was with daily cache cleared daily 82 percent full ..installed 360 security app to pick which apps to close now phone is super slow in Google chrome but everything else is fast ..got rid of outlook ..yahoo mail wigets all wigits ..any suggestions? Says 204 mb left on ram storage or with cache going none left
    08-18-2015 09:57 PM
    What phone and what version of Android o/s are you running ?
    You don't seem to have reduced the overall space used by apps much.....about 13mb for 360 and 15mb for outlook ?
    I've very rarely ever cleared cache in Chrome....it may be counter productive.The latest Dev Chrome is faster but you'd need to make room for ?
    Seems like you need to keep working on finding a happy medium/optimizing for your needs....maybe move a big news app ?
    08-19-2015 12:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! We need to clarify what type of memory you're talking about. RAM is different from internal storage. RAM is where open apps reside while in use, while internal storage is where the files for those apps are stored. Most phones have 1 or 2 GB of RAM, and at least 8 GB of internal storage.

It is normal for the system to try to fill up RAM with open apps, usually to around 70-80% full. Don't make a habit of clearing RAM--this isn't Windows. Android prefers RAM to be mostly full, and will automatically open apps again if you clear RAM out. This cycle can lead to increased battery drain and inefficient app switching/opening.

Internal storage can run low if you have installed lots of apps or if a lot of data has been generated by those apps. If your phone came with a relatively small amount of internal storage (like 4 or 8 GB), it can get used up pretty quickly, such that clearing app caches frequently won't do much.
    Ian Morgan2 likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:23 AM