I have my samsung s5 for like 2 months now and yesterday while i was using the gallery. After i swiched it on again it said that the device was overheating and needed to turn off to cool down. I left it cool for like an hour but when i turned it on it still did that and i couldnt use any app because of that.. When the battery drained i putt it to charge but it didnt charge and a couple of minutes later the batery icon had a yellow triangle in it.. I let it charge but then a factory mode downloading apeared.. After this the phone is completly dead.. Can you tell me why has this happened? Can this be because of water damage or something like that? P.s the water sensor stickers are white..
    08-20-2015 10:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Why do you ask about water damage? Is this a possibility? If there has been significant exposure, those stickers usually turn a solid color, like red or purple.

Have you tried a new battery? The current one might have been defective. Since the phone is so new, I'd bring it to the carrier store and ask them for a replacement battery to see if that's the problem. Try the battery in the store--if that doesn't work, then ask them about a replacement phone. You might have to deal directly with Samsung for warranty repair.
    08-20-2015 11:35 AM
    Yes i took some photos underwater but nothing wrong happened.. This problem happened a couple of days after.. Anyways i took the phone to the shop i bought it and they said they are going to see whats wrong with it.. The guy at the store asked if i put it in water and i said no maybe just some rain.. Can they figure it out if that is the cause of the problem? P.s the photos i took are still on the phone lol
    08-21-2015 12:51 PM
    If the water damage stickers are all white, then it's doubtful that water got into the phone. Try a new battery. And bring the phone to your wireless carrier store or a Samsung Store in Best Buy, not an independent shop. The phone should still be under warranty.
    08-22-2015 12:07 AM