Buying Chinese phones online from china ,,,

gehirnmacht

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys ,,, I'd like some help about importing mobile phones from China ,,,,

Is there any limit for the number I can import for personal use as I want to get 3 phones for my family and if there is a limit how many ,,,,,

And about the customs and duty how it is calculated for personal use if there is ,,,,,

Thanks in Advance ,,,,

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you--but I'd caution against getting these direct-from-China devices. There's a higher chance of issues with build quality, hardware/firmware glitches, regional compatibility, and lack of support. They might be cheap, but you may just get what you pay for. There are many new phones on the US market that fit a budget despite being quite high quality, like the Moto G or Moto E, ASUS Zenfone 2, and Alcatel Idol 3.

gehirnmacht

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you--but I'd caution against getting these direct-from-China devices. There's a higher chance of issues with build quality, hardware/firmware glitches, regional compatibility, and lack of support. They might be cheap, but you may just get what you pay for. There are many new phones on the US market that fit a budget despite being quite high quality, like the Moto G or Moto E, ASUS Zenfone 2, and Alcatel Idol 3.

Thanks for your reply ,,,, but this offer is tempting ,,, it is for the Elephone p8000 ,,, arriving through dhl ,,, I hope it would be fine though ,,,,

I just want to know if there are any restrictions on the number of devices I can buy online from China for personal use according to customs and duty ,,,,

Thanks ,,,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also be aware that the phone might not be compatible with US networks (at least for LTE data). According to the specs, that phone is compatible only with the 800, 1800, and 2600 MHz LTE bands, which aren't commonly used in the US. Most of the big US networks uses 1700/1900 and 700.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys ,,, I'd like some help about importing mobile phones from China ,,,,

Is there any limit for the number I can import for personal use as I want to get 3 phones for my family and if there is a limit how many ,,,,,

And about the customs and duty how it is calculated for personal use if there is ,,,,,

Thanks in Advance ,,,,

When you import for other people, that is distribution not personal use.

Duty might be calculated on the value of the item. I don't think 'gift' will work for phones. Check with customs. They'll know for sure.

gehirnmacht

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When you import for other people, that is distribution not personal use.

Duty might be calculated on the value of the item. I don't think 'gift' will work for phones. Check with customs. They'll know for sure.

Does bringing 3 phones considered distribution ,,, in other countries even with very tight customs service, every body is allowed to buy 3 phones/year as a personal use from outside his country ,,,

And how can I check with the customs if you may know ,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech