Okay, a little bit of backstory.
    I have an Acer Iconia A1 tablet since last year, and I have never had any problem with it until recently. About 8 months ago, I bought a pair of earphones with integrated mic, and I used it a couple of times, just to try it, and whenever I did the icon used to change from Headphones to Headset, which I thought was normal. However those earphones screwed up my tablet really bad. Whenever I tried plugging in normal earphones, without any microphone included, my tablet would recognize them as a Headset, and whenever that happened, the mic (the one integrated with my tablet) would become quite sensitive and react, but this would go away if I unplugged them and plugged them again. However recently it has become worse, every time I plug in my earphones it goes to Headset mode, and no matter how much I unplug and plug again, it remains in Headset mode. I can't even listen to music peacefully because it will change the song or it will activate the Google voice search and is really driving me crazy!
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do?
    08-21-2015 02:58 PM