Sometimes, my phone's screen doesn't turn on... Why might this be?

A

AC Question

I am using a One Plus One and recently flashed Cyanogen 12.1.

Something very interesting is happening:

One morning my phone's screen wasn't displaying anything yet the phone was obviously working. I know this because the hard-button lights were on and I could feel the vibration when I held down the volume button to put it into vibrate mode. I even pressed the buttons to take a screenshot and when I looked in my gallery later, it was there.

So the phone was functioning in every way except for the display.

To fix it, I tried rebooting. It didn't work. So then I went into TWRP and wiped the dalvik cache. When the phone rebooted, the screen turned on and everything worked as normal.

So the next morning, the same thing happened. It happened at the same time of the day, right after I woke up. It had been charging all night. I woke up to the alarm on my phone and the screen was on so that I could turn the alarm off. Then I turned the screen off. The next time I tried to turn the phone on, same thing... screen not on... dalvik cache... yadeeyadayada...

So I thought maybe it was charging my phone all night that caused it. So the next night, I didn't charge my phone overnight, and in the morning, the same result.

So then it occurred to me that it might be my alarm app (I use 'Morning Routine'), but even when I didn't use the app, the same thing still happened.

I read up online and followed so advice (turning off proximity sensor, disabling the "prevent accidental wakeup function"). The advice did not work.

I am at a loss and can only figure that my phone's screen not turning on is caused by having it off for quite a while (6-8 hours). And the only solution for it is wiping the dalvik cache. This is really annoying to do every morning considering wiping the dalvik cache results in all of my apps needing to be "optimized for android."

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey