Why does my phone say I don't have any room left while there is still some room?

A

AC Question

Hey hello,

I own a motorola moto g, 1st gen I believe. My phone keeps announcing there's no room left on my phone while there is still 400 to 500 mb left. It won't download any apps and I need to clean my phone a lot with clean master. It also won't save screenshots (but does save normal photos), and i'm not sure if that has something to do with it. I've cleaned my cache a lot too. I'm really annoyed with this please help!

Sincerly,
Ellis

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Moto E 1st Gen seems to have been available with 8 & 16 GB internal memory running in Kitkat. From what I can gather the total memory is divided into that required for the system...so much for Media ( pics, music, vids etc..), and so much for apps. It is possible that the 400/500mb left, is in Media...and nothing left for apps.
If you don't have the option to move the apps, then you'll need to uninstall some.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ellis, welcome to the forums! Clearing cache won't fix your storage problems. It's just a temporary fix since cache will be rebuilt every time you use your phone and in no time you'll be in the same situation. Doing that very often or using cleaner apps is just a waste of time and phone resources. Take a look at this guide by B. Diddy for useful tips of how to deal with storage problems.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech