I have a Galaxy S4 with 64 GB Sandisk micro SD card. Recently while trying to move a few apps to sd card, the phone rebooted. After that the memory card went bad. I was able to read all my data from it but cant format or delete anything from it. Tried even on my laptop, files can be deleted but after you remove and reinsert they magically come back and anything new copied to the card is gone. I backed all my data from the card and sent it to Sandisk for replacement. Today I got a brand new sealed card from Sandisk as replacement. I started moving all my data back to the card from my laptop's card reader. All my music and videos copied just fine and all other docs, images etc copied fine as well. But when it started copying Camera Videos in the DCIM folder it hanged. I restarted the laptop and tried again, it copies everything from anywhere fine but again at the camera videos the transfer rate drops to 0 b/s and it hangs. Same thing happens when the memory card is in the phone and I connect it via usb cable. Finally I tried copying all the camera videos 1 at a time and this time it went fine with hangs a few times. But finally all videos are on the card and readable. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and where ????
    08-22-2015 01:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd suspect that one or more of the video files got corrupted. Do they play normally? Make sure they remain backed up safely somewhere, and consider uploading them to some cloud storage while you can, in case the file gets corrupted further.
    08-22-2015 10:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd suspect that one or more of the video files got corrupted. Do they play normally? Make sure they remain backed up safely somewhere, and consider uploading them to some cloud storage while you can, in case the file gets corrupted further.
    Yes they play perfectly fine on the PC and now on the phone. I have backed them up on a pen drive already. Dunno whats wrong, any more suggestions??
    08-23-2015 01:52 PM
    How about videos you've subsequently taken with the camera? Do those files also have problems?
    08-23-2015 03:59 PM
    How about videos you've subsequently taken with the camera? Do those files also have problems?
    Will have to check that !
    08-24-2015 06:59 AM
    Thanks for all the help. I just re-saved all the videos with a video encoder by copying the audio and video streams as it is but a new file was created each time and found one of the files was having some corruption. Re-encoded that. And then deleted all the videos from memory card and copy all the re-saved/re-encoded videos together and this time there was no problem. Hope this post helps others with similar problems.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-28-2015 12:09 PM
    If you DO have problems with a SanDisk card (evidently this time it wasn't the card - it rarely is with theirs), you can live chat with their techs at SanDisk microSD Tech Support (upper right corner) or just request a replacement at SanDisk Online RMA Request. With a 5 year warranty on the cheapest cards (and 10 years on some of the better ones), you'll probably throw the card out because it's too small before the warranty runs out. (I still have a 256MB card that I use almost every day to transfer small files - and it was the largest card that had just come out when I bought it.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-28-2015 05:14 PM