Wireless Charging Issues w/ New charger (S6 Edge+ and Note 5)

A

AC Question

Just purchased SG6 Edge + and a Note 5 for my wife and myself. So, we received two free wireless chargers for pre-ordering via Best Buy. We got the phones and chargers on August 21, 2015. We plugged the wireless chargers and the phones began charging. There’s a very faint blue charging light that comes on. My wife was first to notice that percent charge on the phone had not moved. So, I put my phone on the charger, a blue light comes on, but five minutes in to the charge the phone lights up and the blue light begins to flash. It happened all evening long so I returned and exchanged for another set of chargers the next day. Of course Best Buy and Samsung personnel stated they are not aware of any issues with wireless charging. The exchanged second set of chargers are also exhibiting the same condition. To be fair the exchanged chargers did charge completely one time and then a green light comes on. I’m going to try a couple of the suggestions (folded piece of paper, cause I don’t have a case yet. And the day dream mode). We are under the fourteen day exchange period so I’m monitoring and if this continues will return these second set and ask for store credit. They are not aware of any issues with wireless charging……really.

HappyNem

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Well it seems I am the ONLY person on all of the internet who is having this kind of problem with a Verizon Wireless Charger and the S6 Edge+. Friday of last week, the wife and I got the S6 Edge+, two wireless chargers, and 2 cases from Verizon, all the same everything.

My wife's phone has zero issues.

My phone; when placed on the wireless charger starts to charge, but then every percent it charges the phone turns on, beeps like I placed it down again and shuts off... it does this all the way to 100%, then stays off. It does this with or without the case on. I also swapped phones in other chargers and the wife's phone works fine in my charger and mine still acts stupid in her.

I reset my phone to factory thinking I messed something up and it still does it. Tried rebooting it and placing it again, same outcome. Going to take the phone back to Verizon today and ask WTF. Sounds a bit like a S6 Edge+ issue.

Steve Kostresh

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
When you went back to Verizon, did they swap out the bad phone? If so, does the new phone work correctly? I'm fighting with Verizon currently, they are saying its my wireless charger, when it worked perfectly on my S5. I've only had my Note 5 for 4 days now, and I'm not impressed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad