How to shoot photos in 3:2 ratio (6x4 print size) on LG G4?

A

AC Question

I realise most people consume photos mostly in digital formats these days, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who still likes to print and frame their favourites. Since 6" x 4" is the most common size for prints (and most of my frames) I'm really tearing my hair out at not being able to find a way to take photos in 3:2 ratio on LG G4. Manually editing and cropping every single one is a real p.i.t.a. and often doesn't fit well either. I've hunted for a good camera app that will do it, but only found an Apple app. :/

Please can someone tell me I'm overlooking something stupidly simple in the G4's default camera app or recommend a good app that'll do it. Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen an Android app that will do it. Backing up and including only what you want in a 3:2 frame, then manually cropping, is about the only way. (If it doesn't fit, it won't fit if you took that same shot in an app that shot at 3:2 - you have to frame the shop properly for whatever ratio you're shooting. (Even back in film days, shooting for a 35mm frame was different than shooting for a 2X2 frame.)

The camera doesn't make the shot, the photographer does. (Ansel Adams proved that with a beat up old Brownie box camera that wouldn't get 25 cents at a yard sale. The picture, blown up to wall size, would probably have gotten thousands of dollars.)