I just have been wanting to know if it was alright to charge my HTC overnight. I just to know this.
    08-24-2015 11:12 PM
    Overnight, overweek, overmonth - the charger shuts off when the battery is fully charged. If, during the night, the charge drops a little, the charger kicks in and brings it back to 100%. I've had phones on chargers for months with no problem.

The only possible problem is the charger going bad and catching fire - any electrical device can do that. The longer it's plugged in, the greater the chance. So instead of the chances that your charger will burn up being about like being hit by a piece of falling satellite debris (if you unplug it from the wall when the phone is charged), you increase the chance to about winning the lottery 4 weeks in a row (if you leave it plugged in all the time). Worrying about is probably thousands of times more dangerous. (I currently have 7 chargers plus a large 30 Amp 5 volt supply running, and they've been running for about 2 years [since I set this desk up in this room]. I haven't worried about any of them burning up for a moment. [I had some of them plugged in for years before I moved here.])
    missxstefani likes this.
    08-24-2015 11:35 PM