I was using a jellybean android for 2 years.

I recently got a Moto G 2015 with lollipop

THeres 3 major annoyances i can't figure out.

First, in other android I could checkmark boxes on contact list, as to select a whole bunch then delete. I cant do that anymore, if I want to massively delete contacts my options are, manually delete one by one, a procedure that takes 3 clicks (selecting contact, selecting options for that contact, delete)
    I mean wtf is this nonsense.

Second major annoyance:
    This system automatically adds the emails ive emailed to from the account that i programmed this android device to function. i have around 300 contacts from emails i dont want to see there. its stupid. I then deleted (manually) a whole lot of contacts then went to settings accounts and disabled sync from that email address yesterday
    But today, i had all those contacts back on the contact list.

I don't want to go create a new email address just for this device because I do want my youtube updates showing from that email address. i just dont want every single email address ive emailed to added on to the contact list. wtf.

And lastly
    at jellybean, i could select a contact then hit the message button next to it and it would ask me if i wanted to SMS or whatsapp the person.

Now it only sends me to SMS. No whatsapp. If i want to whatsapp a number of a person, i'd need to add it to contacts then look for it in whatsapp.
    I mean, wtf

What to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hope to hear a viable solution.
    08-26-2015 02:53 PM
    First, in other android I could checkmark boxes on contact list, as to select a whole bunch then delete. I cant do that anymore, if I want to massively delete contacts my options are, manually delete one by one, a procedure that takes 3 clicks (selecting contact, selecting options for that contact, delete)
    If they're Google contacts (not Phone or Device contacts) - and they should be - go to Google Contacts - it's much easier to manage them there. If you have a lot to delete at once, hit the top checkbox, then uncheck the ones you want to keep, otherwise check the ones you want to delete (like the old Contacts app).
    08-27-2015 01:42 AM