Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Temperature Too Low?

NathalyM

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 (about 2 months ago) and I haf to get a screen replacement because it fell and the screen broke. After getting a screen replacement, the phone wouldnt charge and a message popped up saying "Battery temperature too low." So, Ive been using my sister's phone (she also has a S4) to charge it, but I think constantly taking out the battery damages it. Im not sure if I need a battery replacement because it perfectly charges with my sister's phone. Is there any way i could fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt that removing the battery multiple times will cause damage, as long as you do it gently. But it is a hassle. My suspicion would be that some other damage occurred in your phone, associated with the drop. It might be due to the impact, but what you describe also seems somewhat more common with water exposure. The risk of water damage may have increased after the drop, since cracks could have allowed moisture into the system. There's usually a water exposure sticker on either the battery or the inside of the phone, which turns a solid color if there has been water exposure--do you see anything like that?

NathalyM

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Could it be this you're talking about? It might have been due to humidity since I was visiting a tropical country..

Attachments

• 20150827_211717.jpg
    20150827_211717.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung uses white for no water, red for water. Pink means moisture, which could have caused damage. (Even condensation - changing the temperature extremely - can cause enough to damage the phone - AND trigger the "water damage" sticker.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thisis confusing, because I've seen various posts showing stickers that were white, or had red or blue X's on them that were dry. When they got wet, they turned solid red or blue. Is there any way to confirm that blank white is dry and red X's is wet?

NathalyM

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't see any other sticker. Alsp, thanks for your help, I took it to a phone (mechanic?) place and they also didn't know how to fix it, they said something about the motherboard being "dead"? Not really sure but, I gave up on the phone and I'm just going to sell it out. Don't want tl have to deal with too much repairing etc.

miltboy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
i had the same problem and here is how i fixed the issue. Prior to this issue the phone was hot to the touch so i assumed it was the battery and I bought a new battery. But to no avail I still had the same issue. Next i replaced the USB charging port. You have to make sure the port is for your phone. Look under the battery and it should tell you which model your phone is and then i went to ebay to order it for like 10 bucks. The first one did NOT work, I still had the same error. I figured I did something wrong or ordered the wrong part. I read on the forums that some people took 3 tries until it worked. Well, it took 2 tries. My phone works and charges now. I just wanted to share this info. I did look to make sure all connector pieces were attached correctly. In the top corner i had a prong that was bent and I reshaped it back to previous shape. Did this fix my phone? i dont know, but what I do know is i took all of these precautions and now my phone works. The freezer trick did not work btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34