I bought a Moto X a little less than 6 months ago, and now I'm unable to unlock the phone. Details:

- The phone has never been physically damaged (never dropped, no water, etc.)
    - Start up proceeds normally, with correct screen animation and sound
    - Lock screen displays normally, including preview of any notifications
    - Notifications roll in normally, including appropriate vibration or sound, and I can preview the notifications on the lock screen.
    - I don't have a password, only swipe-to-unlock. The touchscreen appears to work, as the lock screen is reactive (both screen and vibration) to my touch.
    - When I swipe to unlock the phone, it simply goes to a black screen. Touching anywhere on the screen is unresponsive. The physical buttons (volume and power) appear to work properly. I am able to take screenshots using these buttons.
    - When I plug in the phone to a computer, the computer shows the device, but no files available, the same message I would get if the phone was locked.

- I tried restarting the device
    - I tried clearing the cache partition

I know I have the option to factory reset, but I'm hoping there is some way to recover my photos first. (Yes, I know I should back up my photos.)

Also, is it possible that this could be related to a malfunctioning proximity sensor? Or is it definitely a software issue?
    08-27-2015 01:25 PM