LG G4 Warranty Exchange/New Phone Setup, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

LG G4 Warranty Exchange/New Phone Setup

I recently did a warranty exchange (LG G4, TMobile) because of a text messaging (users recieving duplicate messages from me and users messages taking days to get to me, iPhone and Android) issue with my phone.
Now I have the new device however, there is no battery. If I needed to go on a hunt for one, Im sure I could find one.

My question is, what is the simplest method for setting up my new device, so that it takes on the exact (or close to) same settings? Can I use Android Beam/NFC (and tap the two devices together)? Can I use LG Backup (or whatever that is)? Can I use my PC/Laptop somehow?

Thanks in advance.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Warranty Exchange/New Phone Setup

Ah ha! So there is someone else having the same problem as me.

Going to purchase my new G4 tomorrow (Best Buy gave me a gift card to get a new one).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Not necessarily the same problem... I used the Wifi Direct method when transferring stuff between my G3 and newly-acquired G4. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

So I backed up and transferred over the data from my previous G4 to my new one and for the most part, it worked, but I have had to uninstall and reinstall some apps that provide notifications (ie ESPN) in order to get the notifications to work.

Also had to go in and reset other apps' notifications settings and sounds (gMail, etc). I've been fixing them as I go, but for the most part it was seamless. Except it didn't transfer over my photos even though it had said it backed them up, but that was easily resolved with SmartBeam.

So far I haven't had any sending issues like previous, but with my last phone they didn't start showing up until a month or two into ownership. So we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech