Hi,
    I installed an anti spy app on my phone and this is what I got, 3 warnings after scanning palmchart, com.adroid.google settings and baibu browser but I don´t know what this means. Any guesses?

1. palmchart app has the following spy able permissions (exact words from screen): runs on device startup; knows location by cell-ID and wifi; knows location by GPS signal; Records audio on voice calls; receives all SMS messages; Reads all SMS messages.
    2. com.adroid.google settings: Handles outgoing calls; Runs on device startup; Reads Browser bookmarks; Knows location by GPS signal.
    3. Baibu Browser: knows location by cell ID and Wifi; Knows location by GPS; Records audio on Voice calls; Runs on device start-up; Reads Browser bookmarks.

Which ones should I uninstall?
    08-28-2015 03:19 PM
    None of those are spying apps. (If you delete Settings (com.android.google.settings), you'll lose the ability to change anything on your phone. (The fact that a spy app uses location doesn't mean that any app that uses location is a spy app.)

I'd uninstall any app that called Settings spyware - IOW, uninstall the anti-spy app.

Install a good anti-virus (I use Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus, but all the name-brand ones in the Play Store are good) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    None of those are spying apps. (If you delete Settings (com.android.google.settings), you'll lose the ability to change anything on your phone. (The fact that a spy app uses location doesn't mean that any app that uses location is a spy app.)

I'd uninstall any app that called Settings spyware - IOW, uninstall the anti-spy app.

Install a good anti-virus (I use Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus, but all the name-brand ones in the Play Store are good) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    08-28-2015 03:52 PM