I recently got a Blu 6.0, it has been broken before and was reset, but luckily last time I didn't have a password on it to get my stuff off of. Unfortunately, this time I wasn't so lucky. The screen is cracked, and my touch pad won't work, and I have important contacts and such stored into the device. Can I get the screen and touch pad fixed without it being reset? And if so for how much?
    08-28-2015 09:44 PM
    If you find a local repair service that's willing to do it, sure. The attitude of most repair shops is that to prevent you from claiming that they sole your data, the first thing they do is a factory reset. (In my shops, if you were working on a phone that hadn't been reset, you were immediately fired, and your personal phone stayed with me until I had totally wiped it and reinstalled the operating system. Only I worked on phones with data on them. I trust me and no one else. So did my customers.) But if someone is willing to work on the phone without wiping it, there's no technical reason to wipe a phone to replace a screen.
    08-29-2015 11:42 PM