When I'm playing words with friends on my Motorola Droid Razr M,.a web page opens to belfview.com and warns me that my phone may have a virus. This happens in the middle of playing my turn, not after each hand is played like the app's normal ads. I have pop-up blocker on and I also downloaded 360 Security but the pop-up continues to open on my phone. What should I do?
    08-29-2015 08:22 PM
    Never go to popup sites. You never know if its legit!
    08-29-2015 10:27 PM
    I Am having the same issues as well.
    08-30-2015 09:02 AM
    Same problem here, I used to get it every once in awhile from multiple different apps but now I get it at least 3 times a day, someone please help
    08-30-2015 12:46 PM
    I've had that issue since yesterday. Contacted VZ Wireless support, was told to run phone in "safe mode" for a while to see if program reappears. If so, probably due to a recently installed or updated 3rd-party app - so uninstall anything new or recently updated. I have the phone in safe mode now, we'll see what happens.
    08-30-2015 12:50 PM
    I just started having this same issue. I'm thinking it may be fromantic using the Aliex press AP to order. Will deleting it get rid of the pop ups?
    08-30-2015 03:48 PM
    Everytime I open "Tap me +1" (android app) and start to play regardless within 30 seconds I get a pop-up screen from belfview.com........ is this happening to anyone else... please help!
    08-30-2015 09:53 PM
    Mine seems to also be in the tap up +1 tame.. (on my am sung galaxy s5). My phone in general seems to be acting up randomly and running slow. Any advice??
    08-31-2015 07:50 AM
    Reporting back from yesterday: after my "chat" with a Verizon Wireless tech, I rebooted the phone in "safe mode" (go to the "power off" menu, press and hold "power off" until a "safe mode" menu appears). Left it in safe mode for 5-6 hours, no popup. Rebooted into normal mode, deleted the most recent app I'd installed (a conference and networking app called "Bizzabo" which didn't work very well anyhow). No popup so far, after 12+ hours. According to what I've read on the web, these popups are linked to apps, usually but not always apps that don't come from the Play Store (Bizzabo is listing in the Play Store). Can also get in with updates, so recently installed OR updated apps are the first ones to delete. Interested to see if it shows up again.
    08-31-2015 08:39 AM
    Hey all. If anyone here has a screenshot of the ad before it auto expands and could post it here or PM it me, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    08-31-2015 05:28 PM
    Here's what I got -- first the red one, buzzing, then the other one after I closed the tab on the red one. Trying to look like an ad for 360 Virus. Or maybe it really is, but it was very annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails pop-up from belfview.com-screenshot_2015-08-31-18-45-49.png   pop-up from belfview.com-screenshot_2015-08-31-18-45-31.png  
    08-31-2015 06:09 PM
    Thanks Kate! That's the same exact page I'm seeing from other users. This seems to be happening across multiple games and apps.

If anyone here is familiar with Charles Proxy and could capture a charles log, that would be extremely beneficial in finding the root cause if the issue. If you're not familiar and would be willing to help capture a log, I'll be more than happy to walk you through the process in getting your device and the software set up.
    09-01-2015 10:09 AM
    Thanks Kate! That's the same exact page I'm seeing from other users. This seems to be happening across multiple games and apps.

If anyone here is familiar with Charles Proxy and could capture a charles log, that would be extremely beneficial in finding the root cause if the issue. If you're not familiar and would be willing to help capture a log, I'll be more than happy to walk you through the process in getting your device and the software set up.
    I'm unfamiliar with Charles Proxy, but am willing to help if it gets this annoying thing to stop popping up. Using a standard, non/carrier restricted HTC Amaze, and can root if you need it.
    Please let me know what you need!
    09-01-2015 02:16 PM
    Thanks caimstear. Were you also experiencing this issue on WWF or other games/apps? Here are instructions on how to use Charles Proxy

To start, first make sure your PC is connected to wifi

1) Download Charles Proxy (unable to post direct links due to post count, but head over to charlesproxy dot com to download it)

2) Next step is to go under Proxy and uncheck Windows Proxy

pop-up from belfview.com-charles1.jpg

3) Open the program and go to Help --> Local IP Address and take note of this IP. The IP in the below screenshot will differ from yours.

pop-up from belfview.com-charles2.png

3) On your Android device, go to wifi settings, select the same wifi your PC is connected to, open advanced settings, then go to proxy settings and change that to "Manual"

4) Under Proxy Hostname, enter your local IP you obtained from Charles in Step 3. For Proxy Port, enter 8888. Press Save. Don't mind this IP being different since I'm using two different screenshots

pop-up from belfview.com-screenshot_2015-09-01-15-42-35.jpg

5) Open up either an app or random web page so that your Android device pings your PC via Charles. Pay close attention to the Charles Proxy UI. You should see a message pop up prompting you to either allow or disallow a device (yours) trying to connect to your PC. Click on Allow

6) Next we'll need to install the proper SSL certificates so that Charles can properly log traffic coming via HTTPS. To do this. Go to Help -> SSL Proxying --> Install Charles Root Certificate on a Mobile Device or Remote Browser. You will be prompted to go to charlesproxy dot com/getssl on your mobile device in order to install the certificate.

pop-up from belfview.com-charles3.png

7) Once Step 6 is done, jump back into Charles on your PC. Go to Proxy --> SSL Proxying Settings and check "Enable SSL Proxying"

8) Once SSL Proxying is enabled, click the "Add" button which will bring up a new Edit Location window. Keep Host and Post blank. Click on Ok to close the window. Then click on Ok again on the SSL Proxying Settings window to close that one.

pop-up from belfview.com-charles4.png

Now your device is fully set up and ready to collect some network logs!

As a final step. You want to make sure that Charles is recording button is enabled.

pop-up from belfview.com-charles5.png

Once Charles is recording, you should start seeing a bunch of different incoming and outgoing network requests filling the screen. What you'll now want to do is jump into the game or app where this issue is coming from while Charles is recording. Once you've been able to successfully reproduce the issue you can press the button to stop recording. After recording has stopped, please go to File -> Save As and save the charles log.

You can either upload the log and post the link here, PM it to me, or let me know you have the log and I'll PM you my email address. The charles log should uncover who and/or what the source is. If it's a specific ad provider such as Google for example, I'll be able to escalate this issue to them.
    09-01-2015 04:04 PM
    Thanks caimstear. Were you also experiencing this issue on WWF or other games/apps? Here are instructions on how to use Charles Proxy

To start, first make sure your PC is connected to wifi

1) Download Charles Proxy (unable to post direct links due to post count, but head over to charlesproxy dot com to download it)

2) Next step is to go under Proxy and uncheck Windows Proxy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charles1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	194376

3) Open the program and go to Help --> Local IP Address and take note of this IP. The IP in the below screenshot will differ from yours.

Name:	charles2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	194377

3) On your Android device, go to wifi settings, select the same wifi your PC is connected to, open advanced settings, then go to proxy settings and change that to "Manual"

4) Under Proxy Hostname, enter your local IP you obtained from Charles in Step 3. For Proxy Port, enter 8888. Press Save. Don't mind this IP being different since I'm using two different screenshots

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-01-15-42-35.jpg 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	194379

5) Open up either an app or random web page so that your Android device pings your PC via Charles. Pay close attention to the Charles Proxy UI. You should see a message pop up prompting you to either allow or disallow a device (yours) trying to connect to your PC. Click on Allow

6) Next we'll need to install the proper SSL certificates so that Charles can properly log traffic coming via HTTPS. To do this. Go to Help -> SSL Proxying --> Install Charles Root Certificate on a Mobile Device or Remote Browser. You will be prompted to go to charlesproxy dot com/getssl on your mobile device in order to install the certificate.

Name:	charles3.png 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	194381

7) Once Step 6 is done, jump back into Charles on your PC. Go to Proxy --> SSL Proxying Settings and check "Enable SSL Proxying"

8) Once SSL Proxying is enabled, click the "Add" button which will bring up a new Edit Location window. Keep Host and Post blank. Click on Ok to close the window. Then click on Ok again on the SSL Proxying Settings window to close that one.

Name:	charles4.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	194383

Now your device is fully set up and ready to collect some network logs!

As a final step. You want to make sure that Charles is recording button is enabled.

Name:	charles5.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	194384

Once Charles is recording, you should start seeing a bunch of different incoming and outgoing network requests filling the screen. What you'll now want to do is jump into the game or app where this issue is coming rom while Charles is recording. Once you've been able to successfully reproduce the issue you can press the button to stop recording. After recording has stopped, please go to File -> Save As and save the charles log.

You can either upload the log and post the link here, PM it to me, or let me know you have the log and I'll PM you my email address. The charles log should uncover who and/or what the source is. If it's a specific ad provider such as Google for example, I'll be able to escalate this issue to them.
    I feel bad now, because I don't have my. Computer here(business trip), so I'm stuck on mobile. When I get back, I'll do this, unless someone else beats me to it.
    09-01-2015 06:28 PM
    I feel bad now, because I don't have my. Computer here(business trip), so I'm stuck on mobile. When I get back, I'll do this, unless someone else beats me to it.
    No worries. If you or anyone else in this thread can let me know if the issue is still happening, that'd be greatly appreciated!
    09-02-2015 01:18 PM
    That is the same thing that happened to me!
    09-09-2015 06:37 PM