Dear All,
    I just bought my new note 4 yesterday, the N910G Snapdragon variant.
    However, the camera pictures and the viewfinder itself shows paint-ish effect and looks boxy or say, oversharpened. I suppose it is definitely an issue with software/image procession algorithms. Has anyone observed it ?
    To confirm the issue, I returned this showing the issue and got another fresh piece which has the same issue as well !!!
    To cross check if it is only with this snapdragon variant, I checked with my friend's note 4 with Exynos variant, his pictures are as it should be for what we all know about Note 4's superior optics and pictures. It comes out great. His OS is still in 4.4.4 KitKat.
    Only then I thought, it might be the issue with KitKat update, because his exynos variant has same Sony IMX240 Sensor as that of mine (Snapdragon variant). :rolleyes:

What to do now ???
    I am stuck with the crappy pictures that looks irritating !!! I have tweeted to Samsung but yet to get reply.
    Before this Note 4 I was using my Note 2 and it served me 3 good years. Absolutely no major issue! Pictures always were tack sharp for its generation.

With Note 4 I was hoping better optics performance but to my disguise, it is worse than Note 2.

Please check with your Note 4 and the pictures...

Caution: My new note 4 pictures has water pastel effect with 5.0.1 update. Have you observed your's?-note-4-test.jpg
    08-31-2015 12:45 AM
    I'm trying to understand what you're trying to show here, but I don't know what you're trying to point out. What do you mean by "water pastel effect"? All I see when I look at the photo is an out-of-focus picture that has been cropped. Since the orig photo is not in focus, the crop will also not be in focus.

I must be totally missing your point.
    08-31-2015 01:46 AM
    It is in focus. I have set it to Center-Weighed option.
    I will post a few more pictures, you can observe.
    The pictures from the Note 4 with 5.0.1 looks like artistic effect, oversharpened, over processed image. Whereas, if you take same picture with 4.4.4 kitkat, the images come out sharp as it should.
    Attached Thumbnails Caution: My new note 4 pictures has water pastel effect with 5.0.1 update. Have you observed your's?-1441007000121.jpg   Caution: My new note 4 pictures has water pastel effect with 5.0.1 update. Have you observed your's?-1441007064987.jpg  
    08-31-2015 02:44 AM
    Oh Man! I just noticed, I see that you are using KitKat 4.4.4 ? Reverted from LP ??? Then you should be totally fine with Camera performance !
    It is what I have been saying since beginning, the camera issue is with lollipop update ! No one is really observing it !!
    08-31-2015 03:52 AM
    It is in focus.
    The tower photo does not look to be in focus. For one thing, when I save the tower photo, it's only 59kb, which means it was either shot in low resolution, or was very highly compressed before uploading to AC. Can you upload the full version photo of the tower somewhere so I can download it?

The outdoors photo is too dark to see anything. It is also highly compressed.

I have set it to Center-Weighed option.
    Center-weight averaging is for "exposure" only.

Oh Man! I just noticed, I see that you are using KitKat 4.4.4 ? Reverted from LP ??? Then you should be totally fine with Camera performance !
    It is what I have been saying since beginning, the camera issue is with lollipop update ! No one is really observing it !!
    Yes, I was going to mention that in my next post (this one). Hopefully someone on Lollipop will drop in on this thread although I don't know how they'll be able to compare anything unless they have two phones... one on LP and another on KK.
    08-31-2015 05:01 AM