Why is there so many issues with the LG G4?

A

AC Question

My LG4 worked fine for the first three weeks (bought it in the beginning of July). Then it began shutting down and rebooting on its own randomly. Then it did it more often. Sometimes instead of rebooting (which it often gets stuck in a boot loop during and the battery has to be removed) it just shuts down. When it does this, it will not power on at all or recognize the charger if you plug it in and the battery needs to be removed. It overheats often... and it really gets hot. It stopped downloading any apps from the playstore. I finally did a hard reset hoping to solve the problem. Nope. It continued. I went to the radio shack where I bought it and because it is after the 14 day return policy (which of course I had no issues during) they couldn't do anything for me. They did check out the phone and confirmed that they saw no damage to the phone of my own cause. I contacted Sprint next. Who told me I need to take it to a repair center to have them look at it. Which, of course, there is not one local to me and so until I can get to one I suffer with this expensive crap phone. It wiped itself out once and then was stuck on some speaking tutorial that it wouldn't come out of and I had to then hard reset it again myself. Still the same issues. Constant. I've missed capturing moments of my toddler because the phone wouldn't work. I had to reset it yet again 2 days ago because the Home button stopped responding. This is extremely frustrating and ridiculous. It is all I have for a phone and cannot count on it working for anything. I pay for service I can't use. I paid for a brand new phone that is awful. I have owned 2 other LG phones in the past and had no problem with either. I was really looking forward to this one but have been nothing but disappointed and frustrated.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As a G4 owner I'd say that the phone does not have many issues....your particular specimen seems to, but as B. Diddy says you probably got a dud. The warranty will take care of that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Derek Dean

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Your not alone my friend. Here is what to expect. And I tell you this, because your about to lose your mind in rage. So, just start mentally preparing.

1. You'll do a memory restart by holding down the power button and the volume down. This will work for 10 minutes.
2. You'll do a factory reset. Same thing as number 1.
3. You'll be told, maybe it's your battery. I have 5. So... trust me, it's not the battery.
4. You'll be told maybe it's the memory card. I have two and I've taken both out and had the same issue.
5. You'll send it to LG in Texas for them to repair. You'll wait 16 days and then get a letter that says. We did choice #1. It's all better now.

And then, within 4 hours, you'll think. Hey, it worked. And then.
Repeat steps 1-5 again.
I'm sorry, I'm sending mine in again. And I'm sending the batteries back. I plan on sending them back so many times in the year warranty that they finally acknowledge they sold me a defective unit. Or the cost for FedEc outweights the cost of the phone they should have replaced orginially. Until then, I'm off to FedEx. Again. And the trust Galaxy S3 rides again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12