Earphone curse!?

otter16

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So i'm having problems with earphones for a year now
and not just one pair of earphones.
I bought Sony Xperia J 2 years ago and the headphones misteriously started dying after one year of use so i went to the electronics store and bought new ones.
They worked great for about a month and then they started sounding like a blown subwoofer.After those i bought again a new pair and those died in a week(also blown subwoofer sound).
Then i thought the phone is culprit.I bought a new freaking phone which came out 8 months ago(Galaxy Grand Neo Plus)and now after listening to music for about 3 weeks using the original earphones that came with the phone the sound on the right earphone is starting to sound like a blown subwoofer.
The sound is not on max but one level above the warning about ear damage.
What the hell is going on somebody please tell me.
Below is the photo of my equalizer settings.

Attachments

• 1441185970463.jpg
    1441185970463.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just speculating, but I wonder if it might be due to the type of music you listen to. If it's really bass heavy, it might be straining the speaker elements, even if not at max volume.

otter16

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
i listen to post hardcore and heavy metal but i have a few bass heavy songs from Skrillex
I'll try keeping the bass to the minimum although it sounds really really bad when there's no bass

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the headphones that are failing designed for heavy bass? If not, look for a set that is designed for it. Heavy bass is kind of the point of that music! :p

otter16

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
i'm using the ones that came with grand neo plus although that phone doesn't have a default music player so i'm forced to use a third party app which i'm kinda uncomfortable with since the free ones are loaded with ads

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the stock earbuds aren't designed for heavy bass. If you don't want ads, Google Play Music is worth using as a music player for locally stored music. Just swipe in from the left and turn on the Downloaded Only switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781