Considering switching to Android this fall from iOS.

One of the features I use the most from iOS though is the messages app on Mac so I can text from my computer. My phone syncs with that so its pretty seamless.

It's been a few years since I last owned one and I know before using Google Voice you could text from your computer (no MMS though). Does Android offer something like this now though?

Even if it were a web app...just something that will sync my texts to my computer and let me text from my phone number. On my friends' end they would never know the difference.

Thought I read something like a year or 2 ago that there was an option for this but I can't seem to find it via Google.

Thanks.
    09-02-2015 08:59 AM
    Considering switching to Android this fall from iOS.

One of the features I use the most from iOS though is the messages app on Mac so I can text from my computer. My phone syncs with that so its pretty seamless.

It's been a few years since I last owned one and I know before using Google Voice you could text from your computer (no MMS though). Does Android offer something like this now though?

Even if it were a web app...just something that will sync my texts to my computer and let me text from my phone number. On my friends' end they would never know the difference.

Thought I read something like a year or 2 ago that there was an option for this but I can't seem to find it via Google.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums!

Mighty Text is an app that will do that. I used to have it on my computer and it would even put a button on Chrome.
    09-02-2015 09:02 AM
    ^Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

I did see Mighty Text as an option. Just to be clear though, Google does not have their own software to do this?

MightyText seems like a well designed app from what I can tell, and this may sound comical but I kind of don't feel comfortable using a 3rd party software company to "control" my texts....so to speak.
    09-02-2015 09:11 AM
    ^Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

I did see Mighty Text as an option. Just to be clear though, Google does not have their own software to do this?

MightyText seems like a well designed app from what I can tell, and this may sound comical but I kind of don't feel comfortable using a 3rd party software company to "control" my texts....so to speak.
    I have no idea about Google. Mighty Text is a legit app, so that much I wouldn't worry about. 5 million plus downloads.. If there was an issue, they wouldn't still be in the Play Store. They are also in the Google Chrome store for the extension needed for the computer. If they were a problem, which I used a long time and never had an issue, they wouldn't still be there either. They have been around for quite some time.

Also depending on your phone, I think some will connect with the computer and you can control your phone from the computer, but that is an active connection.
    JGuez likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:27 AM