Why does my HTC M9 randomly stop playing music and sometimes freeze as well?

A

AC Question

My wife's HTC M9 will play music for awhile just fine then it one or more of the following scenarios will occur. It will start playing a song, but half way through it will stop and go to the next song. Other times it will just stop playing music all together. Then other times after playing music for a little bit the phone will freeze. The only way to get it to work again (after any of these scenarios) is to restart the phone. We have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. We have tried downloading the music to the phone instead of streaming it. We have tried streaming from cellular and then again from wifi. We have also tried clearing the cache. Each one of these seems to work for awhile until the next time you use the app or the phone is restarted. For the amount of money we had to pay for the phone this is just ridiculous. Any ideas? Thanks for the help everyone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
We mainly use Groove, but I believe it also does it on Pandora.

Welcome to Android Central. You can try clearing the cache for all apps in Settings>Storage>click cache. It will prompt for confirmation (you won't lose data), and see if that helps. You can also try a cache clear in recovery. That should get every app and system file caches, and that might help too.

This is for the M8, but I think the M9 will work too: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html
Remember to turn off Fastboot in settings>battery as I recall.

Edit: B. Diddy has a good idea too. Also, are you running any task killers? If so, turn those off.