Motorola Droid Turbo Lollipop with seperate volume bars are frustrating...is there a fix?

A

AC Question

I'm at work, I turn my volume down to vibrate. But then I get a blaring notification of an email. Turns out, you have to got to settings and turn down media volume, alarm volume, ring volume, notification volume, and any app volume in app all seperately. Then turn them all back up when I want to hear them again- How annoying!!!! Why can't I just turn the 'overall phone volume' down with one bar, what gives?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What gives is that Android has 4 sound systems, effectively. It's like turning the TV volume down, then wondering why the alarm clock rings so loud.

There may be apps (I've never looked) that give you a single "all volumes" bar, or there may be a fast way to pop the 4-bar control up on that phone. Some ROMs do that automatically.

Search the Play Store for volume control. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.svk.avolume&token=OqfKjq_a might be something you'd like (all 4 controls in a single widget you can keep on the homescreen).

stuntmonkeyok

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
The TV alarm clock isn't an accurate comparison, they're different sources for the sound. The phone is one device, one speaker; the problem I'm having(I'm OP) is like turning the volume off the TV but he commercials sounds still come through. It's a frustrating design flaw IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34