I have an Alcatel one touch s pop for 2 years and recently my phone hasn't been connecting to the internet but my other devices will. When i am not at home it will connect. also my laptop didn't connect but it hasn't done it after and doesn't now! Please help!!
    09-04-2015 02:10 PM
    Since both the phone and the laptop have a similar problem, I'm guessing it's something to do with the router or the settings in the router.

Connect to the router's address (look in the instructions for the address, or look online for the instructions), then look in the Wireless or WLAN section for Encryption. Make sure it's AES, not TKIP or TKIP+AES.

Also make sure the connection is WPA2 or WPA2 Personal, not Enterprise.

Worst case, you need a new router. My recommendation is the cheapest decent one out there - the Nextel WNR2000. Even Linksys has problems - when I replaced my expensive Linksys (they didn't seem to care that a new router doesn't work with Android) with a Netgear, I got rid of all my router problems. $40 and it works better than one selling for almost $200, except for the speed between devices connected to it. (IOW, if I had 2 really fast computers, they'd only transfer data between them at 150mbps burst, but if I were doing that I'd use Ethernet cable and get 1gbps. The router itself is faster than my internet connection [with 2 people in the house, 20mbps is more than we can use], so my internet speeds are as fast as they come into the house, Netgear or a commercial Cisco router. If you have 20 people using the full bandwidth of a 150mbps internet connection at the same time, you'll need a faster router. Probably 5 households in the US qualify.)
    09-04-2015 07:11 PM