Galaxy S6 screen cracked, where can I get it fixed?

rkane17

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy s6 screen cracked

Galaxy S6 was cracked due to what I believe was over heating issue and service department says no it was because phone was damaged.

August 17-21, 2015 S6 was overheating while taking short videos and had to stop videoing.

On 8/21/15 fully charged S6 became unresponsive and would not turn on, I researched a fix and after several button holding configurations it finally reset/started.

8/25/15 after charging S6 overnight took the phone drove less than 10 mins then noticed cracks spidering out from the home button area.

Phone was not dropped or damaged by me and Samsung refusing to do service under warranty. I have photos to show damage comes from home button area and the glass screen protector is intact which would not be possible if screen was damaged by my doing.

20150827_113618.jpg20150827_113830.jpg20150827_133110.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s6 screen cracked

It definitely shows a hit right next to the Home button. Whether that's from dropping the phone (unlikely, unless you dropped it on a tiny projection of some sort), defective glass (possible - there have been reports of things like this since glass was invented) or some little particle getting wedged between the button and the glass (the air is full of hard particles that are too light and aerodynamic to fall) is the question. And Samsung gets the final word unless you take them to court.

Lorimm

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Galaxy S6 was cracked due to what I believe was over heating issue and service department says no it was because phone was damaged.

August 17-21, 2015 S6 was overheating while taking short videos and had to stop videoing.

On 8/21/15 fully charged S6 became unresponsive and would not turn on, I researched a fix and after several button holding configurations it finally reset/started.

8/25/15 after charging S6 overnight took the phone drove less than 10 mins then noticed cracks spidering out from the home button area.

Phone was not dropped or damaged by me and Samsung refusing to do service under warranty. I have photos to show damage comes from home button area and the glass screen protector is intact which would not be possible if screen was damaged by my doing.

View attachment 195049View attachment 195050View attachment 195051

I have the same exact problem, only my screen only has a single crack. No other signs of damage and has always been in a case. It's only like a month old.

rkane17

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

"I have the same exact problem, only my screen only has a single crack. No other signs of damage and has always been in a case. It's only like a month old."

Good luck getting Samsung to admit they rushed out a faulty product! Went through several layers of support, and a complaint to the BBB all got me no where...except for $240 being extorted from my wallet! Faulty glass like previous poster said and/or overheating is still what I think happened because I know damn well I didn't do anything to phone to crack it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz