Why dors mty Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 say that it has no storage, when it does?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, I am not sure which exact one. But it wouldn't let me update my apps or install new ones. I deleted a lot of my emails and photos. That didn't work because it said I had 454mb left. So I got an SD card. I moved some of my stuff on there, then I checked my storage. There was no difference. I went to my Task Manager and tried too clear my cache on my apps, and to free my RAM. It wouldn't let me. So I have space on here, on my SD card but it still won't let me do anything. It will let me start to update my app, but at the end of it, it will say insufficient storage available. I am afraid that everything will crash. I have been through 2 or 3 different Android tablets in 2-3 years. Every single time it was the tablet's fault not mine. So, please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It has to do with how much free space you have on your Internal Storage--not RAM, not the microSD card. Even though you have 454 MB of free storage, it's possible that an app you're trying to install takes up much more space than you think--just as with Windows, the final amount of space an app takes up is always more than the installation filesize that you see listed in Google Play Store. And the system will have a certain low memory threshold that is probably around 100-150 MB, and if it hits that threshold, it won't let you install. This is because the system has to make sure it has a certain amount of storage space for its own data needs.

See this guide for some tips on how to maximize your internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html