Samsung Tab 2 -- Downloading new operating system, I may have killed it. What do I do now?

A

AC Question

Samsung Tab 2 -- Downloading new operating system

Somehow, while trying to clear the cache on my Samsung Tab 2 10.1, I managed to initiate the download of a new operating system. The screen says "ODIN MODE: Product Name GT-P5113 / Custom Binary Download: No / Current Binary: Samsung_Official" There's a big green android and the words "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" This has now been downloading for over an hour with no indication that anything's actually happening.

Did I just toast my tablet? I was trying to clear the cache because the tablet was continuously rebooting. I was following some earlier suggestions for that problem (from 2013), and ended up on the wrong screen! How long should I wait for this download to run before I give up on it. I'm leaving on a month long trip in 36 hours, so I don't really have time for this!!

parkour011

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 2 -- Downloading new operating system

.... you have entered the download mode, it is where you flash the firmware using a computer and a USB cable connected. (to enter download mode - volume down + home + power)

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 2 -- Downloading new operating system

It means that *IF* you're downloading something (using the USB cable, connected to a computer, running Odin), don't turn the device off. Since you're not, just hold the power button until it restarts (it can take up to 30 seconds).

You haven't done any damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo