If anybody has even the SLIGHTEST idea on how to help me- PLEASE.. I'm devastated!!

I've had my Google Chromebook 14 for about a year & a half now. Until today, I've never had a problem with it.

Tonight, as I was using my laptop, I noticed that it was almost dead.. so I plugged it in. Maybe 10 minutes after plugging it in, I noticed that the cord wasn't plugged into the wall..so I plugged it in. Immediately my screen turned completely white then restarted itself and came to a screen that was completely white with a loading symbol and said "restoring your Chromebook system." I wasn't able to do ANYTHING. It finished loading, then restarted itself again. This time when it started up, it did everything it had when I first bought it and turned it on for the first time ever. AND EVERYTHING I'D HAD WORKED ON & SAVED TO MY CHROMEBOOK HAS BEEN COMPLETELY ERASED!!!!

I went to my Google Drive, and some things were on there, but 7/10 is still nowhere to be found. Files, music, pictures, EVERYTHING.

I'm going to continue searching the internet & trying different ways to recover everything that's been lost, but I would GREATLY appreciate any advice given to me.

Thank you!!! - JaneDoeXO
    09-06-2015 07:10 AM