My video won't record, it says it can't while other audio is active.

• Thread starter jamesnorton31@gmail.com
  • Start date

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Do you have "Ok Google" Detection turned on on all screens? This can sometimes hijack the microphone, which can than prevent the video camera from working, since the latter also wants to use the microphone. Go to your Google Settings app, tap Search & Now>Voice>"OK Google" Detection, and make sure From Any Screen is turned off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are other apps that can occupy the Microphone or Camera. Does this happen in Safe Mode? If not, then some app you installed is causing the interference. Look in your system settings to determine which apps have Camera or Microphone permission, and try uninstalling those apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Jimmy Neutron1

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
Why won't it work!!!

My phone has been saying that it can't record a video because some other app is using my mic.... When I went to permissions I turned off basically everything and it still won't work!!!!!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For those still having issues with this, I would try taking camera and microphone permission away from all app.

Settings>Applications>Permission (Permission Manager) (you may have to open a menu to find this, the 3 dots upper right corner), then navigate to Camera and revoke permission for all apps there. Do the same for Microphone.

This is all just temporary and won't affect anything other than blocking apps from using these items in the background. When you use the app again or the next time it requires permission to use whichever feature it will simply ask again as if it were the first time. Here is where you have to be a detective though. Each time you grant permission to an app to use the camera or microphone you have to pay attention to if they stop working again. Once you've given permission to the app that was causing you trouble, you'll know because the issue will start again, you can then decide what to do about the app. Is it one that you can do without or do you just have to keep taking permission away from it and only allow it use whichever when you need that app?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Help I did all that and it still does not work I have a cool pad phone

Forgive my asking, but I noticed the like for my comment so I'm assuming that what I outlined is what you tried, taking permission away from all other apps. Safe Mode would essentially be the same thing, but it might be worth testing the camera in this mode if you haven't.

What about clearing the cache and data for your camera app? Settings>Apps>Camera>clear cache, data and force stop the app.

After those two I'd probably clear the partition cache. A little more involved but no ill side effects. To clear the partition cache this link should guide you... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...cs/DOC-31170&usg=AOvVaw3GypHtJtceVTKf79N6H_5e

If those three fail a factory reset would be a last resort.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Help I did all that and it still does not work I have a cool pad phone

Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 5 year old thread, so it'd be helpful for you to give more details, like which phone you have, and what exactly is happening. It's unlikely that you have the exact same situation as the OP (at least, in terms of which phone you have).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol